We can't wait for the Oscars on Sunday! Oscar parties are a great excuse for a night with the girls and the perfect occasion to pull out those pajamas and pearls! Stay tuned for all the Oscar party deets in our latest project with Lauren Conrad (it goes live tomorrow)!
Here are some healthy snack ideas for your guests!
Grapefruit & Orange Citrus Salad
- 4 ruby-red or pink grapefruit, peel and pith removed
- 5 navel or blood oranges, peel and pith removed
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 small red onion, very thinly sliced
Working over a bowl to catch the juices, use a paring knife to slice between the sections and membranes of each grapefruit; remove the segments whole. Place each segment in bowl as completed. Repeat process with oranges in same bowl. Transfer to refrigerator. Recipe may be made up to this point 1 hour ahead.
Make vinaigrette: In a small bowl, combine vinegar, honey, and salt and pepper to taste. Slowly whisk in olive oil, then canola oil, until mixture is well combined. Set vinaigrette aside.
Just before serving, arrange radicchio and endive leaves on a large serving platter. Arrange grapefruit and orange segments in the center of the platter. Scatter red-onion slices over the top. Drizzle the reserved vinaigrette over the salad, and serve.
Recipe Inspiration: WholeLiving.com
Peach, Brie & Fig App
- Water Crackers
- Brie Spread
- Fig Spread
Spread brie on water crackers. Top with sliced peaches and a dabble of fig spread.
This was the most exciting piece to our Oscar party! Grab your favorite toppings to make your own own secret sauce. My "go-to" is always a salty and sweet combo :D
Here are some examples of what to include:
2. Sauce: dark chocolate, caramel, olive oil with Rosemary
3. Spice: Salt, garlic salt, chili blend
4. Sweet: yogurt covered pretzels, candy peanuts, dark chocolate covered cranberries
Enjoy the Oscar snacks!